Shockwave Therapy utilises an acoustic wave which carries high energy to painful spots and musculoskeletal tissues with subacute, subchronic and chronic conditions.
The energy promotes regeneration and reparative processes of the bones, tendons and other soft tissues. Shockwave therapy interacts with tissue causing overall medical effects of accelerated tissue repair and cell growth, analgesia and mobility restoration.
Conditions that can be treated using shockwave therapy according to the International Society for Medical Shockwave Treatment:
- Calcifying tendinopathy of the shoulder
- Lateral epicondylopathy (tennis elbow)
- Greater trochanter pain syndrome
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis, with or without heel spur
(without articular derangement)
- Delayed bone healing
- Bone Non-Union (pseudarthroses)
- Stress fracture
- Avascular bone necrosis
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
For full list go to https://www.shockwavetherapy.org/about-eswt/